Registered Nurse Case Manager Hospice
Indianapolis, IN US
- Complete an initial, comprehensive, and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provide a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.
- 15 patient case load
- Home Base EMR
- 6-8 weeks of training/job shadowing included
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assess and evaluate patient’ s status by initiating plan of care, regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs, and initiating the plan of care and making necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Develop a care plan that establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporate palliative nursing actions, including the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiate the appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’ s plan of care.
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan and assist the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitate the patient’ s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Ensure that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
- Supervise ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Ability to withstand prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Ability to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with unrestricted Indiana state licensure
- 1-2 years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting, and 1-2 years of recent experience in home care preferred, but not required
- Management experience not required! In this role, you will be responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Active BLS
- Excellent observation and problem solving skills
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements.
- NO driving record hits in the past three years.