Traverse CIty, MI US
Our client, a family dental facility, is seeking a Dental Hygienist to join their team in Kalamazoo, MI!
Shift: Day Shift (varied start and end times). 40 hours guaranteed!
Dental Hygienist Job Responsibilities:
- Work with administrative staff/front desk staff to schedule hygiene patients with efficiency.
- Accurately chart each patient’ s periodontal health.
- Counsel patients on oral health, including the role of nutrition.
- Apply cavity-preventative agents, such as fluorides and sealants.
- Perform thorough and gentle prophylaxis to patients.
- Take radiographs for patients as prescribed by the dentist.
- Administer local anesthetics, if allowed by dental practice act.
- Perform scaling, root planning and selective polishing or patients as appropriate.
- Review patient health and dental history forms and update as necessary.
- Counsel patients in Tobacco Cessation.
Dental Hygienist Job Requirements
- 2+ years of current work experience as a Dental Hygienist
- Michigan Dental Hygiene license - Required
- Minimum of an associate degree in dental Hygiene
- BLS (AHA)
- Cavitron experience – Required
- Working experience using Dentrix EMR system.